Post Partum Depression
Baby Blues and Post-Partum Depression
There is a difference between baby Blues and Post-Partum Depression. Blues
Is quite common and needs support and rest. Depression needs that as well but also needs a Doctor involvement in treatment.
When it is the Baby Blues
- Your mood swings quickly from happy to sad. One minute, you’re proud of the job that you’re doing as a new mom. The next, you’re crying because you think you’re not up to the task.
- You don’t feel like eating or taking care of yourself because you’re exhausted.
- You feel irritable, overwhelmed, and anxious.
When it is Postpartum Depression
- You feel hopeless, sad, worthless, or alone all the time and you cry often.
- You don’t feel like you’re doing a good job as a new mom.
- You’re not bonding with your baby.
- You can’t eat, sleep, or take care of your baby because of your overwhelming despair.
- You could have anxiety and panic attacks.
Please call to schedule an appointment – we can help walk you through this.
"Choices is the right “choice” to make! The staff is warm and friendly and accept you with open arms! I highly recommend choosing Choices! They treat you like family!"
"Choices is a welcoming and non-judgmental place. They have so much helpful information and free pregnancy tests and sonograms too."
"A great resource for any women dealing with a unexpected pregnancy!"
"My counselor at Choices Pregnancy Center was very informative, helpful and we really benefited from all of the resources and information that she provided. She was very open and warm and we really felt comfortable in her presence."